Building and creating products takes time, it’s not a process that will happen overnight, but once you have several great products, you’ll have a strong set of marketing tools for your business or personal brand.
Information products such as an audio or video program help people to solve a specific problem by taking them through steps A to Z. While there may already be a number of similar products out there already, it’s important to note that people are always looking for a solution in a format that speaks to them, and your contribution today is just as valuable as anyone that’s already in the market.
The Million Dollar Product Outline
If you’re ready to start developing your own products, here is a proven product outline that you can use:
- Start with a greeting. Your program should start with a brief greeting where you introduce yourself and give viewers and listeners some background on who you are.
- Who is this for. By explaining who your product is best suited to, you give people a chance to decide whether it’s a good fit for them or not. You may have already stated who the product is for in order to get people to purchase it, but it doesn’t do any harm to mention it again.
- The big promise. What are you promising if people use this product?
The elephants in their head. Address some of the common concerns that someone might have about purchasing your product.
- Mention your DMS. Your defining moment story will help establish you as an expert on the topic you will be talking about. What moment got you to this point where you feel that you can help others with a specific problem?
- The product formula. Take listeners and viewers through your 3, 6 or 9-step formula that will get them the result they need.
- Client results. Mention a few client success stories.
- What’s in it for them? What will someone achieve when they utilize your formula? This is the part where you create a more emotional connection.
You can now get into the content of your audio or video program. Here is a good outline that you can follow:
- Big challenge no.1. What is the first challenge that your listener or viewer is experiencing? You can outline as many challenges as you need to but be sure to go through the below content points for each challenge too.
- Belief structures. What are the common beliefs that are linked to each of these challenges?
- The solution. Tell a story about how you solved a problem for a client using your techniques.
- Provide data. Always provide data on any claims that you might be making in your content to give them more weight.
- New behaviors. What are the new behaviors that you want them to start implementing?
- New beliefs. What are the new beliefs that you want them to adopt? Help them to gain a new perspective on the situation.
- The results. What can they expect to get once they apply these new tactics and beliefs?
How to Produce an Audio Program
Audio programs are uncomplicated yet effective and can range from 15 all the way through to 90 minutes. It’s all dependant on how much information you need to share.
One of the benefits of developing an audio program is that you don’t need to take the extra time to work on your appearance, which saves you some time.
You will need a few different things in order to produce an audio program:
- Editing software
- High-quality microphone
- Good recording environment
Audio Program Tips
These are the elements that you should pay attention to if you want to produce a quality audio program:
- Make sure there is no echo in the room
- Talk slowly. A relaxed pace is always better
- Add some character to your voice to give your program some personality
- Tell lots of stories and use visualizations
- Be very close to the microphone in order to achieve the best sound
- Be careful of lips and tongue noise
- Listen back and edit out Um’s and Uh’s
- If possible, record the entire piece in one sitting
How to Produce a Video Program
Video programs require a little more effort than an audio program and can also range from 15 to 90 minutes in length.
Here is what you will need to create a video program:
- Editing software
- High-quality microphone
- Lighting kit
- Background or environment
It’s important to note that people are a lot more forgiving of bad quality imagery in a video when the audio is great. In fact, studies have shown that people will think a video’s quality is far better than it actually is if the sound is good. Be sure to stay away from an omnidirectional microphone as this picks up sound all over the place, which you don’t want. Instead, opt for a cardioid directional pattern mic.
Video Program Tips
These are the elements that you should pay attention to if you want to produce a quality video program:
- Lighting and sound are critical
- Be aware of what you are dressed in
- Use prepared visuals on camera
- Edit in other multimedia to make the video more fun and interesting
- Use editing to keep it interesting
- Use your body
- Don’t forget to smile
- Look at the camera or look at the other person if you’re presenting as a pair
- Use a teleprompter if it will help you
For more tips and advice on creating marketing products for your business, attend one of the Kane and Alessia’s Industry Rockstar events.
If you are a mentorship client, you can find more detailed tips and video trainings on this topic if you login to the Multiply Your Impact Now members-only site.